Mutton – 1 kg, boneless
Channa Dal – 125 gms, soaked overnight
Whole Wheat – 100 gms, soaked overnight
Barley – 25 gms, soaked overnight
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp + 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp + 1/8 tsp
Bay Leaf – 1/2
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Onions – 4 to 5 tblsp, fried
Fried Onion Rings
Garam Masala Powder
1. Heat oil in a pan over moderate flame.
2. Add the mutton pieces and fry for a minute.
3. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, bay leaf and salt.
4. Pour 3 to 4 cups of water and reduce flame.
5. Cover the pan with a lid and simmer on low flame till the mutton is soft.
6. In another pan add the dal, wheat and barley with salt, 1/2 tsp chilli powder and 1/8 tsp turmeric powder.
7. Add water and cook till soft.
8. Transfer this to the mutton pan and simmer on very low flame.
9. Mash well and mix.
10. Once it starts to boil, add fried onions.
11. Remove and sprinkle some garam masala on top.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves, green chillies, fried onions, sliced ginger and lime slices.