* Onion – 1 big (finely chopped)
* Coconut pieces – 3 tbs (finely chopped)
* Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
* Fennel seeds – 1 tsp (crush coarsely)
* Dried red chillies – 4
* Oil – 3 tbs
* Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
* Cilantro and curry leaves
* Shrimp – 1 lb
* Chilli powder – 3 tbs
* Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
* Coriander powder – 1 tsp
* Fenugreek powder – 1/4 tsp
* Lemon juice – from 1 lemon
* Fresh ground black pepper – 2 tsp
* Salt to taste
Make a paste with all these ingredients.
Clean the shrimp and marinate it.
Let it marinate for 2 hrs in the refrigerator.
Finely chop the onion and coconut pieces.
Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustard and add the chopped onion and cocunut.
Put the red chilly pieces in to it and fry.
Add the ginger and garlic paste and fry until the raw smell goes.
Now add the marinated shrimp and cook.
Don’t add any water as the shrimp has a better moisture content.
Now add freshly crushed fennel seeds and fry the shrimp until done.
Add the chopped cilantro and fresh curry leaves at the end and serve hot.