Par Boiled Rice – 4 cups
White Urad Dal – 1 1/2 cups
Salt as per taste
White Butter – 4 tblsp
Coconut Oil to deep fry
1. Wash and soak rice in water for 2 hours.
2. Dry roast urad dal in a pan till it is hot.
3. Powder and then sieve.
4. Grind rice to a smooth paste along with salt and butter.
5. Mix urad flour to this paste.
6. Sprinkle some water and knead to a dough.
7. Using a three holed plain disc prepare small murukkus on a wet cloth.
8. Deep fry in coconut oil till crisp.
Note: Powdering the urad dal in a mixie will result in a reddish colour murukkus. Either hand pound or machine mill for best results.
Chettinad Murukku Recipe
You might also like:
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Chettinad Murukku from Awesome Cuisine.