Par Boiled Rice – 4 cups
White Urad Dal – 1 1/2 cups
Salt as per taste
White Butter – 4 tblsp
Coconut Oil to deep fry
1. Wash and soak rice in water for 2 hours.
2. Dry roast urad dal in a pan till it is hot.
3. Powder and then sieve.
4. Grind rice to a smooth paste along with salt and butter.
5. Mix urad flour to this paste.
6. Sprinkle some water and knead to a dough.
7. Using a three holed plain disc prepare small murukkus on a wet cloth.
8. Deep fry in coconut oil till crisp.
Note: Powdering the urad dal in a mixie will result in a reddish colour murukkus. Either hand pound or machine mill for best results.
Chettinad Murukku Recipe
Recommended for you
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Chettinad Murukku from Awesome Cuisine.