Eggs – 4
Shallots (Sambar Onions) – 2, finely chopped
Spring Onion – 1, finely chopped (optional)
Red Chilli Flakes – 1 tsp (or as desired)
Oil – 2 tblsp
Cheddar Cheese – 50 gms, grated
Coriander Leaves – handful, finely chopped
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as required
1. Break the eggs into a large bowl with salt and pepper powder.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Saute the spring onions and onions for a minute.
4. Add the red chilli flakes, coriander leaves and stir well.
5. Remove from flame and add to the egg mixture.
6. Stir gently.
7. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
8. Pour some of the egg mixture and tilt to spread around.
9. Cook until 3/4ths done.
10. Sprinkle some of the cheese.
11. Cook until the cheese has melted and omelette is set.
12. Fold carefully and remove to a serving plate.
13. Serve at once.
Note: If preferred, you can add 1 or 2 finely chopped green chillies.
image via wikihow