Bread Omelette is a very popular South Indian street food, especially in Chennai. It is a quick and hassle dish that can be made in very minimal time. Often served as an evening snack, it is also very delicious breakfast option too.
Combining the goodness of the omelette and the versatility of the bread, this dish can be considered a complete meal by itself. Not to forget, it is highly customizable – some people add various chopped vegetables to it and the omelette can also be cooked as per your wish.
Bread Omelette Recipe
Ingredients for Bread Omelette
- 8 Bread Slices
- 3 to 4 Big Eggs
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- 3 to 4 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- as per taste Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Coriander Chutney
How to make Bread Omelette
- Break the eggs into a large bowl and beat well.
- Add the onions, green chillies, salt, pepper powder and turmeric powder.
- Mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tawa over medium flame.
- Add 2 bread slices and apply little around around the edges.
- When the slices start to turn light golden brown, flip them over.
- Pour a ladleful of the egg mixture and cook until 75% set.
- Flip the bread and egg mixture.
- Spread some coriander chutney (if using) and cook until done.
- Fold them over and transfer to a serving plate.
- Serve warm with ketchup.