Clams – 500 gms, cleaned, washed
Pasta – 200 gms, any long, thin variety, cooked as per packet instructions
White Wine – 1 to 2 tblsp
Olive Oil – 1 tblsp plus extra
Butter – 1 tblsp
Garlic – 2 to 3 cloves, chopped
Small Onions – 1/4 cup, chopped
Parsley – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Red Chilli Flakes as per taste
1. Reserve some of the water used for cooking the pasta.
2. Heat oil in a pan.
3. Add butter, garlic and onions.
4. Saute until the onions turn golden.
5. Add the clams and wine.
6. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 5 minutes or until the clam shells have opened.
7. Transfer the clams to a plate.
8. Pour 1/4 cup of the reserved pasta water and bring to a boil.
9. Add the pasta and simmer for a minute.
10. Add clams, parsley and cook for a minute.
11. Add salt, chilli flakes and pepper powder.
12. Drizzle some olive oil on top and remove.
13. Serve at once.
Tip: If desired, sprinkle some grated cheese before serving.