Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Potato – 1, boiled, mashed
Carrot – 1, grated
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, finely chopped
Onion – 1 tblsp, finely chopped
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
Ginger – 1/2 tsp, grated
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/4 tsp
Butter – 1 tblsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Add salt, butter and little warm water with wheat flour.
2. Mix well to a thick dough and keep aside for 30 minutes.
3. Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan.
4. Fry the cumin seeds for 30 seconds.
5. Add the onions, carrot, ginger and green chillies.
6. Saute for 30 to 45 seconds.
7. Add mashed potato, red chilli powder, salt, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, coriander leaves and saute well for 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Make small balls of the dough and roll them into a medium sized rounds.
9. Add 1 or 2 tsp of the filling and fold well.
10. Roll them again, ensuring the filling does not come out, into medium parathas.
11. Heat a nonstick pan over medium flame.
12. Add a little oil and cook the prepared parathas on both sides till light golden brown.
13. Remove and serve hot with side dish of choice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !