Red Capsicums – 2 to 3, large
Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
White Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Water – 1 1/2 cups
Cream – 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Fried bread pieces for garnish
1. Grill the capsicums until the skins are charred and blackened.
2. Keep aside for a minute.
3. Remove the skins and seeds.
4. Chop the capsicums and reserve until required.
5. Saute the garlic in a pan.
6. Add the onions and fry for a minute or two.
7. Add the chopped capsicums and water.
8. Bring to a boil.
9. Then transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
10. Strain into a pan and add cream.
11. Mix well and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes until warmed up.
12. Add salt and pepper powder.
13. Pour into individual serving bowls.
14. Garnish with bread pieces.
15. Serve warm.
image credit: flickr
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !