Sev Puri is one of the top 10 chaat recipes in India. Typically sold as a street food as Sev Puri Chaat, they are a great anytime snack option. It can be made at home easily as the recipe is not very complicated and requires regular ingredients.
A popular North Indian chaat dish, they are served as a starter, evening snack or appetizer across India.
Made of crispy puris topped with boiled, diced potatoes, onions, tomatoes and variety of chutneys and garnished with plain sev & coriander leaves.
In some areas, the dish is made without curd. If you do not prefer curd, then you can omit it.
Sev Puri Recipe
Ingredients for Sev Puri
- 6 Plain Puris (Plain Papdis) available ready made in supermarkets
- 1/2 cup Onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Potato boiled, peeled, mashed
- 1 tsp Tamarind Extract
- 1 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1/8 tsp Red Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Paprika Powder
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1/4 tsp Jeera Powder
- 2 tsp Thick Curd thick
- 2 tsp Sprouted Green Gram or Boiled Chickpeas
- 1/4 cup Plain Sev
- few Coriander Leaves chopped
How to make Sev Puri
- Place all the puris/papdis in a plate.
- Sprinkle a bit of salt to the potatoes and mash well.
- Take 1/4 tsp of the potato and stuff it inside each puri.
- Combine 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp sugar with the curd.
- Add pepper powder and whisk well. Keep aside.
- Combine the remaining sugar and salt with tamarind extract in another bowl.
- Add the chilli powder, chilli flakes and jeera powder. Mix well.
- Add some sprouted grams, chopped onions, tomatoes to the puris.
- Add 1/4 tsp of the curd mixture and 1/4 to 1/3 tsp of the tamarind mixture.
- Sprinkle some sev on top.
- Garnish with the coriander leaves.
- Serve at once.