- Wild Rice – 200 gms
- Water – 850 ml
- Red Pepper – 1, skinned, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Yellow Pepper – 1, skinned, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Orange Pepper – 1, skinned, deseeded and thinly sliced
- Cucumber – 1/2, halved lengthways and sliced
- Orange – 1, peeled and pith removed and cubed
- Tomatoes – 3, ripe, cut into chunks
- Red Onion – 1, chopped very finely
- Flat-leaf Parsley – handful, chopped
For the Dressing:
- Garlic – 1 clove, crushed
- Balsamic Vinegar – 1 tblsp
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil – 2 tblsp
- Salt and Pepper
- Put the wild rice and water in a large pan and bring it to boil.
- Stir, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes or until the rice is firm to the bite.
- Uncover the rice for the last few minutes of cooking to allow any excess water to evaporate.
- To make the dressing, put the crushed garlic, vinegar, olive oil and the seasonings into a screw-top jar and shake vigorously.
- Drain the rice and turn into a large bowl.
- Pour over the dressing and mix.
- Then add the chopped peppers, cucumber, orange, tomatoes, red onion and parsley.