Sweet Corn Adai is a popular South Indian dish that is made with a combination of rice and sweet corn. It has a unique flavor that comes from the combination of spices used in the recipe. This dish is a great option for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Sweet Corn Adai Recipe
Ingredients for Sweet Corn Adai
- 1/2 cup Sweet Corn Kernels
- 1 cup Parboiled Rice
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 tsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- as per taste Salt
- little Mustard Seeds
- little Curry Leaves
- little Asafoetida
- 1 Onion medium, chopped
How to make Sweet Corn Adai
- Soak the rice, sweet corn and dry red chillies for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Combine them together and add salt.
- Mix well and grind to a coarse batter.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Heat little oil in a pan.
- Fry the mustard seeds, curry leaves and asafoetida for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and saute for a minute.
- Add this to the batter and mix well.
- Heat a tawa over medium flame.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
- Apply oil around the edges and cook on both sides until golden.
- Remove and serve hot with chutney and sambar, avial or idli milagai podi (idli chilli powder).