This delicious and tasty Chocolate Swiss Roll is perfect for any special occasion like Christmas, birthday party, afternoon tea or even for a sunday lunch. A great cake that both kids and adults will love.
Eggs – 2, large
Caster Sugar – 3 1/3 tblsp
Maida (Plain Flour) – 2 1/3 tblsp
Cocoa Powder – 1 1/3 tblsp
Blackberry Jam – 1 1/2 tlsp
Double Cream – 150 ml, whipped
1. Combine and whisk the eggs and sugar together in a bowl till light and frothy.
2. Add the madia and cocoa.
3. Mix well and transfer them to a greased swiss roll tin lined with baking parchment, spreading it evenly.
4. Place the tin in a preheated oven at 220C and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the spongs begins to shrink from the edges.
5. Remove and invert the cake onto a sugared baking parchment.
6. Peel off the parchment from the cake and trim the edges.
7. Roll up the cake firmly with the parchment inside and keep aside to cool.
8. Meanwhile, warm the jam in a pan till spreading consistency is achieved.
9. Gently unroll the cake and remove the parchment.
10. Spread the jam and cream.
11. Re-roll and cut into slices.