Iced Fairy Cakes are a type of cake covered in a thick layer of icing and covered with sprinkles. The cakes are usually iced on the top and sides.
Iced fairy cakes come with a variety of different flavors, such as strawberry, mixed berry, and orange.
Iced Fairy Cakes Recipe
Ingredients for Iced Fairy Cakes
- 1 Egg large
- 50 g Maida
- 50 g Caster Sugar
- 50 g Butter soft
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Fairy cake cups
For the icing:
- 125 g Icing sugar
- 1 1/2 tblsp Warm Water
- Small Cherries, sprinkles or little gems to garnish
How to make Iced Fairy Cakes
- Combine the egg, maida, caster sugar, butter and baking powder in a bowl.
- Beat till smooth.
- Fill the cake cups with this mixture and place them in a greased tin.
- Bake them in a preheated oven at 200C for 15 minutes till the cakes are well risen and golden brown.
- Remove the cups from the tin and keep aside to cool.
- To make the icing, mix icing sugar with warm water till stiff.
- Spoon this over the cakes.
- Garnish with the cherries/gems/sprinkles.