Rava – 1 cup
Semiya (Vermicelli) – 1/2 cup
Sour Curd – 1 cup
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece, finely chopped
Green Chillies – 2, finely chopped
Curry Leaves – handful
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tblsp
Bengal Gram – 1 tblsp
Dry Red Chillies – 2
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Oil as required
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Add the mustard seeds, dry red chillies, asafooetida powder, urad dal and bengal gram dal.
3. Stir fry for a minute or two.
4. Add the rawa and vermicelli.
5. Cook for a minute again.
6. Add ginger, green chillies, curry leaves and stir to mix well.
7. Pour this mixture into the sour curd and mix well.
8. Add salt and keep aside for 10 minutes.
9. Pour this batter into mini idli plates and steam cook till done.
10. Remove and serve hot with chutney of choice.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.