Tomatoes – 450 gms, ripe, cut into wedges, seeds removed
Onion – 1, small, cut into wedges
Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1/2 tblsp
Parsley – 1 tblsp, chopped
Garlic – 1 to 2 cloves
Vegetable Stock – 3/4 cup (or water)
Tomato Paste – 1 tblsp
Heavy Cream – 1/4 cup
Brown Bread – 2 slices
Mozzarella Cheese – 2 slices
Basil Leaves for garnish
Sea Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Place the tomatoes and onions on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil.
2. Sprinkle salt, pepper and parsley.
3. Toss to mix well.
4. Place the garlic inside the tomatoes to preven them from burning.
5. Place the tray in a preheated oven at 350F till tomatoes are reduced to half their original size or for 25 to 30 minutes.
6. Remove and keep aside to cool.
7. Place a large pan over medium flame.
8. Pour the vegetable stock and add the tomato paste.
9. Add all the ingredients from the baking tray and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
10. Transfer to a blender and puree the soup until smooth.
11. Return to the pot and reduce heat to low.
12. Add the cream, salt and pepper.
13. Meanwhile drizzle each bread slice with little olive oil and a slice of mozzarella cheese.
14. Toast the bread till the cheese has melted.
15. Float a toast in each bowl of soup.
16. Garnish with the oregano and serve hot.
Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Roasted Tomato Soup Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.