Chicken Breast Fillets – 500 gms
Chicken Stock – 180 to 2100 ml
Pineapple Pieces – 450 gms, canned, drained and juice reserved
Rocket Leaves – 50 gms
Mango – 1, peeled, sliced
Avocado – 1, peeled, sliced
Prawns – 150 gms
Cashew Nuts – 1/2 cup, chopped, toasted
For the dressing:
Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
Plain Yogurt – 1/4 cup
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp
Olive Oil – 1 tblsp
Onion – 1, small, finely chopped
Curry Powder – 1 tblsp
Mixed Fruit Chutney (or Madras Fruit Chutney) – 1 tblsp
Salt as per taste
Pepper Powder as per taste
1. Heat a pan over moderate flame.
2. Pour the chicken stock and pineapple juice.
3. Add the chicken fillets and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and keep aside to cool.
6. Once cool, slice into small pieces.
7. Reserve the liquid.
8. Arrange the rocket leaves on a large platter.
9. Add the chicken, pinepple, mango, avocado and prawns on top.
10. Combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, coriander leaves and 1/4 of the reserved liquid. Keep aside.
11. Heat oil in a pan.
12. Fry the onion for a few minutes till soft.
13. Add the curry powder and fruit chutney.
14. Remove and add to the mayonnaise mixture.
15. Add salt and pepper powder.
16. Drizzle the dressing over the salad.
17. Garnish with toasted cashews.
Chicken, Prawn and Avocado Salad Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Latest Food Blogs
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
- 5 Health Benefits Of Choosing A Low Carb Diet A low carbohydrate (carb) diet refers to a limitation of carbohydrates intake in our diet and instead addition of foods...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Chicken, Prawn and Avocado Salad Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.