Broccoli Florets – 450 to 500 gms
Leeks – 2, large, finely chopped
Celery Stalks – 2, large, finely chopped
Garlic Cloves – 2, minced
Chicken Stock – 4 cups
White (or Cannellini) Beans – 1 can, rinsed and drained
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Bay Leaf – 1
Low fat Milk – 1 1/2 cups
1. Heat a large pan over medium heat.
2. Add 3 to 4 tblsp of oil.
3. Saute the chopped leeks and celery for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly softened.
4. Add a little water if required.
5. Add the minced garlic and stir-fry for a minute.
6. Pour the chicken stock and stir.
7. Add the broccoli florets, beans, cumin powder and bay leaf.
8. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low.
9. Half cover the pan and simmer for another 20 to 22 minutes.
10. Now add the milk and cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
11. Remove the pan from the heat and keep aside to cool for 5 minutes.
12. Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender.
13. Blend till smooth.
14. Season with salt and pepper.
15. Serve hot or warm.
Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe
image credit: delicious cooks
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.