Broccoli Florets – 450 to 500 gms
Leeks – 2, large, finely chopped
Celery Stalks – 2, large, finely chopped
Garlic Cloves – 2, minced
Chicken Stock – 4 cups
White (or Cannellini) Beans – 1 can, rinsed and drained
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Bay Leaf – 1
Low fat Milk – 1 1/2 cups
1. Heat a large pan over medium heat.
2. Add 3 to 4 tblsp of oil.
3. Saute the chopped leeks and celery for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly softened.
4. Add a little water if required.
5. Add the minced garlic and stir-fry for a minute.
6. Pour the chicken stock and stir.
7. Add the broccoli florets, beans, cumin powder and bay leaf.
8. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low.
9. Half cover the pan and simmer for another 20 to 22 minutes.
10. Now add the milk and cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
11. Remove the pan from the heat and keep aside to cool for 5 minutes.
12. Remove the bay leaf and puree the soup in a blender.
13. Blend till smooth.
14. Season with salt and pepper.
15. Serve hot or warm.
Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe
image credit: delicious cooks
Latest Food Blogs
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
- What Should You Eat When Strength Training In the ultra modern world that we live in, every human being desires to have a fit and active lifestyle to make the most out...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Cream of Broccoli Soup Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.