Broad Beans or Fava Beans are rich in protein, dietary fiber, folates and Vitamin B6. They are also a good source of Iron, copper and manganese, calcium and potassium.
Dried Broad Beans – 150 gms
Garlic – 2 cloves, minced or finely chopped
Dry Red Chilli – 1, small, crushed
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Paprika – 1/2 tsp
Vegetable Stock – 750 ml
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Coriander Leaves – few, chopped, to garnish
1. Soak the beans for 8 hours or overnight.
2. Drain well.
3. Heat a large pot over low flame.
4. Transfer the beans and all the other ingredients (except salt and lemon juice).
5. Cover with a lid and simmer for 60 minutes or until the beans are soft and slightly mushy. If required, use a masher to mash the beans.
6. Sprinkle some salt and lemon juice.
7. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve warm.
Tip: If vegetable stock is not available, add 1 readymade stock cube with water.