A delicious and healthy soup made with Masoor Dal.
Butter – 2 tblsp
Garlic – 4 to 5 cloves
Onions – 2
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Garam Masala Powder – 2 tsp
Cumin Powder – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 2 tsp
Tomatoes – 1 kg
Masoor Dal – 4 cups
Lemon Juice – 1 cup
Vegetable Stock – 2 litres
Salt as per taste
Black Pepper Powder as per taste
Coriander Leaves – handful, chopped
1. Heat butter in a pan.
2. Saute the onions, tomatoes and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the masoor dal and stir-fry for a minute.
4. Transfer to a pressure cooker and add enough water.
5. Pressure cook until 3 whistles and remove.
6. When the pressure has reduced, remove the lid and mash the dal mixture well.
7. Pour the vegetable stock, garam masala powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt and pepper powder.
8. Simmer over medium flame for a few minutes.
9. Add the lemon juice and stir well.
10. Garnish with coriander leaves.
awesome and healthy receipe