Tandoori Chicken – 1, marinated and uncooked, cut into 4 pieces
Cream – 1/2 cup
For the Parda (Pastry):
Sugar – 1 tblsp
Warm Milk – 1/2 cup
Kewda – 3 drops (Vettiver essence)
Maida – 1 cup + litle biit more for dusting
Salt – 1 tsp
Butter – 2 tblsp + little bit more for greasing
Egg Yolks – 2, whisked
1. Roast chicken in a preheated moderate hot tandoor or oven at 180C for 5 minutes.
2. Remove and keep aside.
3. Dissolve sugar in warm milk.
4. Add vettiver and stir.
5. Sift flour and salt into a bowl.
6. Pour in the sweetened milk and knead well.
7. Keep aside for 10 minutes.
8. Add melted butter to dough and knead again.
9. Divide the dough into 2 portions and roll them into balls.
10. Dust with flour and keep aside for 5 minutes.
11. Lightly grease the base of 2 round ovenproof dishes with extra butter.
12. Roll the dough balls into rounds the size of the dishes.
13. Prick all over with a fork.
14. Divide the chicken between the 2 dishes.
15. Sprinkle with cream and cover each dish with the prepared round dough.
16. Press the dough firmly along the edges to seal.
17. Brush it with egg yolk.
18. Bake in a preheated oven at 150C for 10 minutes till the crust is golden brown.
19. Cut open the pastry and serve the chicken along with a portion of the pastry.