Chicken Boti Kebab is a flavourful chicken preparation that can be eaten as an appetizer or side meal. It is a popular dish for all those who love kebabs as the delectable taste of Mughlai cuisine seems to take us on a delicious trip.
You will easily find this dish in restaurants that serve kebabs and its variant Mutton Boti Kebab is also equally relished by the meat lovers. It can be cooked in a microwave oven but a flat pan would also suffice if you do not have an oven.
A perfect Chicken Boti Kebab is crispy from outside but tender and succulent in the inside. You can enjoy it as a started with salads or you can also include it in your meals by having it with hot parathas or naan.
A mixture of papaya paste, salt, and malt vinegar is used to marinade the chicken pieces. Choose moderately ripe papaya for the paste as it will make the chicken moist and perfect.
You can use your regular oil for cooking the chicken but mustard oil suits this recipe as it gives an authentic kebab flavor to the chicken. Some people also like to add a bit of Besan (chickpea flour) to the marinade as it gives a perfect charred flavor to the kebabs.
Remember to add salt in the end as adding it early in the marinade will reduce the moisture out of the chicken cubes and it will become dry afterwards. Also, only use high-quality mustard oil as many cheap variants are available in the market.
Chicken Boti Kebabs are perfect to spice up your chilly winter evenings and are highly appetizing as well. Chefs also like to add orange food color to the marinade in order to make it look more inviting and tempting.
Chicken Boti Kebab Recipe
Ingredients for Chicken Boti Kebab
- 500 g Chicken boneless, cubed
- 1/2 tsp Raw Papaya Paste
- 2 tbsp Malt Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Salt as per taste
For the marinade:
- 100 g Hung Curd whisked
- 2 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli Paste
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 6 tbsp Oil Mustard oil preferably
- Salt as per taste
How to make Chicken Boti Kebab
- In a bowl combine the malt vinegar with papaya paste and salt.
- Add the chicken cubes and mix well ensuring the chicken is coated well with the mixture.
- Keep aside for 10 to 20 minutes.
- Blend all the marinade ingredients and marinate the chicken pieces for another 10 to 20 minutes.
- Heat butter in a flat pan over moderate flame.
- Add the chicken pieces and cook for about 12 minutes or till little moisture remains.
- Turn the pieces frequently so that it cooks evenly.
- Remove and serve hot with a salad and chutney of choice.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and may not be of the actual recipe.