Chocolate Fridgecake is your passport to dessert heaven. This no-bake wonder combines the richness of plain chocolate with the creaminess of unsalted butter and a touch of golden syrup. The result? A delectable treat that’s both velvety and sweet, with a delightful crunch and a hint of fruitiness if you choose to add cherries. The optional pistachios, raisins, and blanched almonds add even more texture and flavour to this heavenly creation.
Creating Chocolate Fridgecake is a breeze. You melt the chocolate, butter, and syrup together, then fold in your choice of cherries, biscuits, pistachios, raisins, and almonds. The mixture is then chilled into a loaf tin until it sets. Once ready, you’ll be rewarded with a divine dessert perfect for any occasion.
- 200 gms Plain Chocolate
- 125 gms Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 150 gms Plain Biscuits
- 100 gms Red Cherries (optional)
- 50 gms Pistachios (shelled - optional)
- 50 gms Raisins (optional)
- 25 gms Almonds (blanched - optional)
- Line a loaf tin with cling film, leaving some overhang, and set aside.
- In a heatproof bowl, break the plain chocolate into pieces.
- Add the unsalted butter and golden syrup to the bowl.
- Place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water (double boiler) and gently melt the contents, stirring occasionally.
- While the chocolate mixture is melting, halve the cherries and break the plain biscuits into small pieces.
- Once the chocolate mixture is smooth and fully melted, remove it from the heat and allow it to cool slightly.
- Stir in the cherries, biscuits, pistachios, raisins, and blanched almonds until everything is evenly coated.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and press it down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- Cover the top with the overhanging cling film and chill the Chocolate Fridgecake in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or until it's set.
- Carefully invert the tin onto a chopping board, remove the tin, and peel away the cling film.
- Let the Fridgecake soften for a few minutes at room temperature, then slice and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I make Chocolate Fridgecake without any nuts?
Absolutely! You can skip the pistachios and almonds if you prefer a nut-free version. It will still be delicious.
Are there any suitable pairings for Chocolate Fridgecake?
Chocolate Fridgecake pairs wonderfully with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. For a complete dessert experience, try it alongside a warm cup of cocoa.
Can I store Chocolate Fridgecake for a long time?
Chocolate Fridgecake can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week. You can also freeze it for longer storage; just ensure it’s well-wrapped to prevent freezer burn. Thaw it in the fridge when ready to enjoy again.