Oil for frying
Spring Roll Wrappers – 6 to 8
For the Filling:
Asparagus – 3 to 4 sticks, cut into 3 inch pieces
Cabbage – 1 cup, grated
Mushroom – 1 cup, chopped
Oregano – 1 tsp
Basil – 1/2 tsp
Soya Sauce – 1/2 tsp
Olive Oil – 2 tsp
Spring Onions – 2 tsp
Red Chilli Sauce – 1 tsp
1. Put the asparagus pieces into boiling water.
2. Switch off the heat and allow the asparagus to remain in the water for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Drain out all the water.
4. Cut the asparagus into small pieces and keep aside.
5. Heat the oil and add the cabbage and stir-fry for 1 minute.
6. Mix in the rest of the vegetables and the spices.
7. Continue to stir-fry for another 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Once all the water has evaporated from the vegetables, keep aside.
9. Carefully remove the spring roll wrappers and cut into manageable sizes.
10. Place a portion of the filling in each of the wrapper pieces and first wrap from both the sides and then roll over into a mini-sized spring roll.
11. Deep fry these in hot oil.