a lip smacking recipe for the kids in the evening
Idlis – 4 to 5 (you can also use left over idlis. Use only those made in the morning and not the ones made the day before)
Potato – 3 to 4
Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt as per taste
Onion – 1
Gramflour – 1/2 cup
Oil to fry
Mustard Seeds – 1/5 tsp
1. Boil potato. Mash and keep aside.
2. Cut the idlis into small pieces.
3. Fry the idli pieces in 2 tblsp oil till it becomes brown.
4. In a pan, add 1 tsp of oil.
5. Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.
6. Add onions, turmeric powder and chilli powder.
7. Fry for 30 seconds to a minute.
8. Add the mashed potato and mix together.
9. To the gram flour add a little salt and make a dough paste.
10. Make small round balls of the potato mix leaving a small gap in the center for the fried idli pieces.
11. Seal the gap and roll it in the gram flour and fry.
12. Remove and drain on absorbent paper.
13. Serve with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney.