Eggs – 3
Lime – 3
Butter – 50 gms
Castor Sugar – 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Refined Flour – 1/4 cup
1. Set the oven to 180C.
2. Separate the eggs.
3. Grate the rind from the limes and extract the juice.
4. Set aside.
5. Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy.
6. Add the lime rind and juice.
7. Beat until well mixed.
8. Whisk the egg yolks until well blended.
9. Add the egg yolks, a little at a time, beating well between each addition until it is well incorporated.
10. Add the milk and the flour.
11. Blend lightly with a spoon so that there are no lumps.
12. Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until stiff peaks form.
13. Gently fold the egg whites into the batter.
14. Pour the batter into a greased casserole dish or a shallow baking dish.
15. Place the dish in a larger bowl container 1 1/2 inch hot water and bake for 30-35 minutes.
16. Test if the pudding is cooked by piercing a skewer into the centre.
17. It should come out clean.
18. Serve hot or cold.