A simple and tasty snack that is often served during teatime and in some cases served with rice as well. There are quite a few variations of this mixture. In some places dry fruits are also added.
Aval (Poha) – 4 cups
Ompodi – 1/2 cup
Roasted Gram – 1/2 cup
Peanuts – 1/2 cup
Red Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Heat a little oil in a pan over medium flame.
2. Separately roast the aval, ompodi, roasted gram and peanuts for 2 minutes.
3. Transfer them all to a large bowl.
4. Add salt, red chilli powder and asafoetida powder.
5. Mix well.
6. Store in an airtight container.