Capsicum – 1/2 kg
Coconut – 1
Tamarind – 1 lime sized
Salt as per taste
Oil – 3 tblsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – a pinch
Cloves – few
Jaggery – as desired
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Red Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Black Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Dhania – 1 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds – a pinch
Red Chillies – 6
Poppy Seeds – 6 tsp
1. Fry the poppy seeds without oil and then add the remaining powder ingredients.
2. Fry in a tsp of oil and grind them to a powder.
3. Cut the capsicums into 1 inch square pieces.
4. Scrape the coconut and add enough water to grind.
5. Strain to get the 1st extract.
6. Take three extracts and keep them separately.
7. Heat oil.
8. Add the seasonings and fry for a minute with capsicums.
9. Fry till it becomes soft in a reduced flame.
10. Add turmeric powder and the third coconut extract.
11. Allow it to boil and then pour the 2nd extract.
12. When the gravy is thick enough pour the first extract before removing from fire.
13. Boil for a minute.
14. Garnish with curry leaves.
15. Serve hot.