For the Filling:
Cocoa Powder – 4 tsp
Coffee Powder – 1 tsp
Water – 2 tbsp, hot
Whipped Cream – to Taste
Artificial Sweetener – to Taste
For Meringue Topping
Egg Whites – 4
Cream of Tartar – a pinch
Salt – a pinch
Icing Sugar – 40 gms
Artificial Sweetener – to taste
Vanilla Essence – few drops
1. To make the Meringue Topping, beat the egg whites with cream of tartar and salt till fluffy.
2. Fold in the icing sugar and beat again till the mixture is smooth and forms stiff peaks.
3. Add the artificial sweetener and vanilla essence.
4. Beat until well mixed. Do not over beat. Keep aside.
5. Scoop out half cake from the centre of the chocolate sponge leaving a hollow in the centre.
6. For the filling, dissolve the cocoa and coffee powders in hot water.
7. Stir into the whipped cream and add the artificial sweetener. Chill well.
8. Fill the cake hollow with this cocoa-cream mixture.
9. Top with the meringue covering the cocoa cream completely.
10. Place in a preheated oven at 225C and grill till the meringue is lightly coloured and crisp on top.
11. Serve warm.