Banana Walnut Bread is a classic, delicious and easy to make recipe. This bread is perfect for breakfast or dessert.
There are many variations of this recipe but the most common ingredients are: bananas, walnuts, eggs and sugar.
Don’t throw away those bananas that are turning black and soft. Turn them into a moist,soft, flavorful and yummy banana walnut bread.
Banana Walnut Bread
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter softened
- 2 Eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Mashed Very Ripe Bananas (approx 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Syrup
- 2 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Walnuts chopped
- Heat oven to 350F. Grease the bottom of a 9 by 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, stir in sugar and butter until well mixed.
- Stir in eggs until well mixed.
- Stir in Bananas, Buttermilk and vanilla;
- Beat with spatula until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt just until moistened.
- Stir in nuts. Pour batter into 9-inch pan.
- Bake for about 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in pan on a cooling rack.
- Loosen the sides of loaf from pans. Remove from pan and place top side up on wire rack.
- Cool completely, about 2 hours and slice and serve.