Spinach and Potato Cutlet is a simple, healthy and delicious dish served as an appetizer snack, tea time or evening snack.
Spinach is one of the best sources of several vitamins and minerals that our body needs. It is also beneficial for healthy bones, digestion, lowering the risk of heart disease among several others.
Your kids and family will love you when you make this crispy and tasty cutlet for their evening snack.
Spinach and Potato Cutlet Recipe
Ingredients for Spinach and Potato Cutlet
- 4 Potatoes
- 200 g Spinach Leaves chopped
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 100 g Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- 2 Onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- handful Coriander Leaves chopped
- as per taste Salt
- as required Oil for frying
How to make Spinach and Potato Cutlet
- Boil, peel and mash the potatoes.
- Finely chop the spinach and add to the potatoes.
- Add the onions, coriander leaves, pepper powder, cumin powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder and salt.
- Mix well.
- Add 1 tsp of breadcrumbs and mix again.
- Make small-medium balls and shape them into cutlets of desired shapes. Keep aside.
- Add a little water to the wheat flour and mix to make a fine paste.
- Gently roll the cutlets in the paste and dredge them in the breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
- Fry the prepared cutlets until golden brown.
- Remove and drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce or mint chutney.