Prawn Stuffed Papads, a delectable marriage of succulent prawns and crispy papads, promises flavour in every bite. This innovative snack combines the ocean’s freshness with the earthy crunch, making it a must-try for seafood enthusiasts and snack lovers.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This recipe offers a unique twist to traditional papads, transforming them into flavorful vessels for the juicy prawn filling. The blend of spices, the crunch of papads, and the tenderness of prawns create an irresistible snack that’s quick to prepare and delightful to savour.
For the crispiest outcome, ensure the papads are deep-fried to perfection. The key lies in tightly rolling the papads to encapsulate the prawn filling, ensuring a delightful blend of textures in every bite. Serve them hot for the ultimate experience.
Serving and Storing Suggestions
Enjoy the Prawn Stuffed Papads as a standalone snack, or pair them with a tangy tomato sauce for an extra kick. These make for an excellent appetizer at gatherings or a unique addition to your evening tea-time routine. Best consumed fresh for optimal taste and texture.
Other Similar Recipes
If you relish the fusion of seafood and crunchy delights, explore our Crab-stuffed Samosas or Shrimp Nachos for a diverse culinary journey.
Prawn Stuffed Papads
- 2 cups Prawns - 2 cups chopped and peeled
- 2 Papads - 2 large
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 tbsp Oil (plus some more for deep frying)
- 2 Onions (medium, chopped)
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Garam Masala Powder
- 3 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 1 Egg (beaten) beaten
- Salt to taste
- Marinate prawns in a mix of salt, ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, and lime juice for 10 minutes.
- Sauté onions in 2 tbsp of oil until they change colour.
- Add prawns, chilli powder, and garam masala. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato ketchup and 1/2 cup of water. Cook until water evaporates.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Brush beaten egg on each papad.
- Place half of the cooked prawns horizontally on one half of the papad and tightly roll to enclose the filling.
- Press the edges to seal and deep fry papads until crisp.
- Cut into pieces while hot and serve with tomato sauce.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Can I use smaller papads for this recipe?
Certainly! Adjust the quantity of the prawn filling to match the papads’ size for a bite-sized version of this snack.
Can I bake the stuffed papads instead of deep frying?
While deep-frying gives the best texture, you can bake the stuffed papads in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for a healthier alternative. Keep an eye to avoid overcooking.
Are there variations for the prawn filling?
Feel free to experiment with additional spices or herbs in the prawn filling to suit your taste. Coriander, cumin, or a dash of lemon zest could be delightful additions.
Can I prepare the prawn filling in advance?
Absolutely! You can prepare the prawn filling ahead and refrigerate it. When ready to serve, roll and fry the papads for a fresh and crispy outcome.