Whole Hazelnuts – 1/2 cup
Sunflower Seeds – 8 tbsp
Dried Apricots – 1 cup, cut into small pieces
Sugar-free Puffed Rice Cereal – 10 cups
Raisins – 1 cup
Coconut – 1/3 cup, flaked
1. Put the nuts in a frying pan and toast over a medium-low heat.
2. Turn the nuts using a wooden spoon and cook for 3 minutes or until they begin to turn golden.
3. Pour the nuts into a bowl and leave them to cool.
4. Put the sunflower seeds in the frying pan and fry for 2 minutes.
5. They should turn golden but not burned.
6. Leave the sunflower seeds to cool.
7. Pour the cooled nuts into a small plastic bag.
8. Fold over the open end and hold it closed with one hand.
9. Using your other hand, bash the nuts with the rolling pin until they are broken into small pieces.
10. Then cut the apricots into small pieces.
11. Put the puffed rice cereal into a large mixing bowl.
12. Add the apricots, nuts, seeds, raisins, and coconut and gently mix together with your hands.
13. To serve, Just add milk for a delicious and nutritious breakfast.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !