Whole Chicken – 1 (remove liver and kidney)
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Cinnamon – 2 inch piece
Cloves – 6
Salt to taste
Vinegar – 1 tblsp
Refined Oil – 2 tblsp
Hot Water – 1 1/4 cup
1. Wash and dry chicken inside and out.
2. Grind turmeric powder, chilli powder, cinnamon, cloves to a fine paste. Add salt and vinegar.
3. Rub well over the chicken.
4. Marinate in a covered bowl for three hours.
5. Heat oil in a deep pan and brown the chicken over low heat, turning it over occasionally to ensure even cooking.
6. Pour hot water over the chicken and cook till tender.
7. When tender, remove the chicken from its gravy and set aside.
8. Cook the gravy until it thickens and the oil separates.
9. Drain the excess oil, return the chicken to the pan and cook over low heat until it is well coated with the gravy.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !