Potatoes – 1/2 kg
Peas – 1/2 cup, shelled
Carrot – 1, small
Cauliflower Florets – a few
Herbs – 2 tsp, fresh and minced
Onion – 1, medium, minced
Pepper Powder – 1/2 tblsp
Salt to taste
Butter – 2 tblsp
Refined Oil – 2 tblsp
Bread Crumbs – 4 tblsp
Cheese – 1/2 cup, grated
Tomato Ketchup – 1 tblsp
1. Boil, peel and mash potatoes while still warm with a pinch of salt, pepper powder and 1 tblsp butter.
2. Chop carrots and cauliflower.
3. Cook with peas and some salt.
4. Heat oil, fry onions till translucent, add cooked vegetables and stir fry.
5. Add pepper powder, salt, herbs, tomato ketchup and some of the cheese, mix thoroughly, remove from fire.
6. Grease a pie dish thoroughly with some oil, sprinkle 3/4th of the bread crumbs over the entire surface.
7. On this, spread the potato dough, even out the surface.
8. Top the potato with vegetable mixture, spread evenly.
9. Cover this with the rest of the cheese.
10. Melt the remaining butter, pour over cheese, sprinkle bread crumbs very lightly on this.
11. Bake in a moderate oven for 20-30 minutes or till top is browned and cheese has melted.
12. Serve hot with soup and buttered bread.