Carrot – 1, medium sized
Potato – 1, medium sized
Onion – 1, medium sized
French Beans – 10
Cabbage Leaves – 3
Milk – 1 cup
Water – 1 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Butter – 1 tsp
Cornflour – 1 tsp
Black Pepper – a pinch, freshly ground
1. Wash all the vegetables well.
2. Peel the carrot, potato and onion and wash them again.
3. Cut the tops and tails of the beans and pull off the strings along the sides.
4. Cut the carrot, potato, beans and cabbage into small bits of the same size.
5. Chop the onion.
6. Put all the vegetables into a pan with the milk and water and put the pan on high heat.
7. Sprinkle in the salt and let the vegetables boil till they are soft.
8. Remove the pan from the heat and keep it aside.
9. Heat the butter in another pan over low heat and add the cornflour.
10. Mix well and fry till the cornflour is well blended with the butter.
11. Carefully pour the cooked vegetables and soup into the pan.
12. Mix well and let it boil for 3 minutes, stirring all the while.
13. Pour into soup bowls and serve hot.