Rawa or Semolina – 1 cup
Rice flour – 1 cup
Flour – 1/2 cup
Curd – 1 cup
Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Curry leaves – 10-15
Green chillies – 2 to 3, chopped
Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
Coriander leaves – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Onion – 1, finely chopped
Water as required
Oil – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
1. Mix the rawa, rice flour, flour, curd and chilli powder and salt into a stiff batter and keep it aside for 1-2 hours.
2. Heat 2 tblsp oil and add the mustard seeds. When they splutter, add cumin seeds till they sizzle. Then add the curry leaves and hing and pour over the batter.
3. Add about 3 additional cups of water and mix with coriander leaves and onions.
4. On a non stick pan, add a few drops of oil. Pour one or two ladlefuls of the batter and allow this to cook slowly on medium-low flame.
5. Gently turn and cook on the other side for a couple of minutes. The dosa should be golden brown and crisp.
6. Serve hot with chutney or sambar.