The glazed blueberry donut is a classic donut. It has a light and fluffy texture that is not too sweet which makes it perfect for breakfast or as an afternoon snack.
Baked donuts taste similar to the fried ones except they are cakey and soft. Berries are the yummiest fruits to use in cakes, donuts and pies. You can also use frozen blueberries. Just wash them well and fold them with flour slowly without breaking them. You can also add some chocolate chips.
Glazed Blueberry Donut
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/3 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Egg beaten, at room temperature
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Essence
- 1 1/2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 cup Fresh/Frozen Blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Grease a donut Baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir the egg, buttermilk, vanilla essence and oil.
- Add the wet ingredients the dry flour ingredients and keep stirring till everything mix well.
- Fold in some blueberries, try not to break them or mash them.
- Fill the donut pan with a small spoon, bake them for about 10-12 minutes till it starts browning.
- Remove from oven and cool them for a while. Transfer the donuts to wire rack for glaze.
- To make Glaze, sift some sugar without any lumps on to a mixing bowl with milk and vanilla essence added.
- Mix well and brush them on the top of each donuts and rest them on wire rack and serve.