Wheat Dosa is a popular dish in Tamil Nadu. It can be made from rice flour, wheat flour or a combination of both.
The wheat dosa is a thin and crispy dish that is made with a wheat flour batter, which is then cooked on the tawa or on the griddle. It can be eaten with chutney, idli podi, sambar, or any other accompaniment.
In India, this dish is usually served for breakfast or as an evening snack. It can also be served as a side dish for lunch.
There are many variations to the recipe with different proportions of rice and wheat. Some people use more rice to make it crispier, while others add more wheat for a softer texture. This dish is also known as Wheat flour dosa or Godhuma Dosa,
Wheat Dosa (Godhuma Dosa) Recipe
Ingredients for Wheat Dosa (Godhuma Dosa)
- 1 1/2 cup Wheat Flour
- 3/4 cup Rice Flour
- 2 tbsp Curd or Sour Buttermilk
- 1 Onion medium
- as per taste Salt
- 1 to 2 Green Chillies
- big handful Coriander Leaves
- few Curry Leaves torn
- as required Oil
How to make Wheat Dosa (Godhuma Dosa)
- Mix the rice flour and wheat flour with curd and salt.
- Add enough water to make a thin batter and keep aside for 2 hours.
- Add the chopped onion and green chillies.
- Add to the batter with coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- Mix well.
- Heat a tawa over medium flame.
- Pour a ladleful of the batter and spread evenly.
- Add oil around the edges and cook on both sides until light golden brown.