1 kg Mutton
225 gms Onions
225 gms Potatoes
2 large Tomatoes
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1 tsp Red Chilli powder
1 tsp Sugar
1 tbsp Ginger paste
1 Bay Leaf
4 to 5 Cloves
1 inch stick of Cinnamon
a few Peppercorns
4 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
1. Grind one onion into a paste. Chop the rest of the onions and tomatoes finely. Keep aside.
2. Marinate the mutton pieces in a little salt and onion paste for about an hour.
3. Peel and dice the potatoes into cubes.
4. Heat some oil and fry the potatoes till light brown in colour. Keep aside.
5. In a tablespoon of water, add the ginger paste, turmeric powder, chilli powder and make a thick paste.
6. Heat a little oil in the pressure pan. Add the cinnamon, cloves, cardamoms, bay leaf and peppercorns.
7. Add the onions and tomatoes. Fry till the oil floats on top. Add the masala paste and fry for a few minutes.
8. Add the marinated mutton along with salt and sugar. Fry until the meat is quite dry.
9. Add about 2 cups of water and pressure cook until the mutton is almost done.
10. Open the cooker and add the fried potatoes to the curry. Cook until done.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !