Mango puree – 500 ml
Gelatine – 1 tbsp
Water – 1 1/2 tbsp
Cream – 300 ml, chilled and whipped
Egg whites – 3, stiffly beaten
Pineapple flavoured micro jelly – 1 tbsp (optional)
Extra whipped cream – to garnish
Chocolate sauce – to garnish
Cherry – 1, to garnish
Ready made chocolate decoration – 1, to garnish
1. Soak the gelatine in water in a small bowl for 5 minutes. Place the bowl in a pan of simmering water to dissolve the gelatine completely and let it cool to room temperature.
2. Mix the mango puree in a bowl, add the gelatine and stir well and then add the cream.
3. Add in the egg whites, place the mousse in a round cake pan and chill in the refrigerator for about 3 hours or until it sets.
4. Soak the pineapple jelly in 1 tbsp warm water. Stir until fully dissolved; cool, then spread it thinly over the mousse to glaze the surface; mark into segments with the tip of a knife; chill again.
5. Garnish the mousse with swirls of whipped cream and dribble ready made chocolate sauce over the cream. Place a cherry in the centre, along with a ready-made chocolate decoration.
Today is my brother’s birthday and i want to perpare mango mousse for him,but in my general store gilatine and whipping cream is not available.So i would like to ask you may i use jelly power in place of gilatine and condensed milk in place of whipping cream??