Cooking time: 8:30 mins.
250 gms Tomatoes (chopped)
1 medium onion (chopped)
1 tbsp garlic (chopped)
½ tsp sugar (optional)
2 tbsp fresh cream (optional)
1 tbsp cornflour
2 tsp butter
3 cups water
½ tsp garam masala powder
Salt and black pepper (to taste)
1. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave 1 tsp of butter at 100% power for 30 secs.
2. Add chopped garlic, onion, tomatoes, salt and ½ cup water. Microwave covered for 4-5 mins at 100% power. Blend in a blender, strain and make a puree.
3. Add the tomato puree, 3 cups water, cornflour (dissolved in ½ cup cold water) and sugar in another microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 100% power for 4 mins. Stir in between
4. Stir into lightly beaten cream.
5. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
Tip: Omit the cream & sugar for a low calorie version of soup.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !