Aloe Vera is touted as a super ingredient. It is popular for its topical usage to soothe skin burns or for cosmetic applications. A plant that can easily grown at home, very little is known about its internal consumption. Aloe Vera or “Ghritakumari” has traditionally been an intrinsic part of Ayurveda for a long time. Some of its beneficial properties include its alkaline nature that helps balance acidity in our body, prevention of constipation, detoxifying the body and maintaining a clear skin.
Because of its mild taste and nearly transparent colour, it can easily be mixed with smoothies or other juices to make a wholesome and nutritious drink. The best time to consume this juice would be before a major meal or as a post work out drink.
- Aloe Vera Chopped – 1/2 cup (Peel the outer skin and use the flesh)
- Lemon Juice – 1 medium sized lemon
- Sugar – 2 tblsp
- Honey – 1 tsp
- Salt – A Pinch
- Ice Cubes – Few
- Wash and clean the aloe Vera 5 to 6 times.
- Blend all the ingredients together expect honey and a few ice cubes.
- Pour this refreshing juice into a tall glass and garnish with honey and ice cubes.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !