Paneer Kozhukattai is a delicious Indian dessert sweet made during Ganesh Chaturthi festival.
Kozhukattai is a popular Tamil sweet dish that is made out of rice flour and jaggery. The recipe is not complicated and can be easily prepared at home. It is often served as prasadam in temples.
The word “kozhukattai” comes from the Tamil words “kozh” meaning “cup” and “kattai” meaning “bowl.”
Paneer is an excellent food and it can be eaten by vegetarians and non-vegetarians alike. It is a rich source of protein and calcium. Paneer can be easily combined with different vegetables, grains or pulses to make a nutritious meal.
Try this delicious and healthy variation to the plain modaks / kozhukattai this festival.
- 1 cup Rice Flour
- 1 tsp Oil
- as per taste Salt
- 50 g Milk Khoya crumbled
- 1 cup Paneer grated
- 2 tsp Pista grated
- 2 tsp Cashews chopped
- 1 tsp Coconut grated
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 3 tsp Ghee
- 1 cup Jaggery crumbled
- Heat a pan over medium lame.
- Add the crumbled jaggery and required water.
- Stir it continuously until the jaggery is dissolved.
- Filter the jaggery syrup to remove any dust.
- Heat another kadai under medium flame.
- Melt the ghee and roast the pista and cashews.
- Add the coconut, cardamom powder and the jaggery syrup.
- Heat them until the mixture turns thick.
- Add the khoya and paneer to the jaggery mixture and mix well.
- Now the poornam (stuffing) is ready.
- For the Kozhukattai, heat 1 cup of water in a kadai.
- Add a pinch of salt to it.
- When the water starts to boil, add the processed rice flour along the sides and keep stirring.
- Once the flour thickens, remove from flame and keep it aside.
- Mix the dough well with little oil and make balls from the mixture.
- Flatten the balls, and then press with your thumb gently to get a cup shape.
- Fill in 1 tblsp of prepared pooranam and close the balls.
- Heat a idly cooker with water for 10 minutes.
- Keep the dumplings in the cooker and steam cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the cooker.
- Paneer Kozhukattai is ready to serve.