Nendram Pazham Pradhaman (Nendram Pazham Payasam) is a popular dessert made for special occasions and festivals in Kerala. Onam Sadya is incomplete without this dish. This delicious and easy to make payasam is made using ripe bananas (nendram pazham), coconut milk and jaggery.
- Nendram Pazham (Banana) – 4
- Saboodana (Javvarisi) – 1/3 cup
- Ghee – 3 tblsp
- Milk – 1 cup, boiled
- Jaggery Powder – 2 cups
- Thick Coconut Milk – 1/2 cup
- Cardamon Powder – a pinch
- Fried Cashews – few
- Soak the saboodana in water for sometime and cook them separately.
- Add 1 cup of water to the jaggery and mix them.
- Strain the jaggery water and keep it.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat it under medium flame.
- Add ghee and melt it.
- Add the mashed banana to the ghee and cook it.
- Add the boiled saboodana and jaggery water.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Add the boiled milk, grated coconut, cardamon powder, and cashews and boil it.
- Serve hot.