Mango Pulissery is an authentic and traditional dish from the Kerala cuisine. A lip-smacking dish, it is an integral part of the Onam Sadhya menu.
- Ripe Mango – 1
- Turmeric Powder – 1 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder – 1 tsp
- Water – 1 cup
- Curd – 1/2 cup
- Salt To Taste
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies – 2
- Curry Leaves – few
- Grated Coconut – 1/4 cup
- Green Chilly -1
- Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Grind the ingredients given to grind it by adding little water.
- Boil the mango pieces along with turmeric powder, red chilly powder and salt.
- Add the ground paste to the cooked mangoes.
- Cook till the raw smell disappears and allow the gravy to boil and switch off the flame.
- Let it cool down.
- Add the curd to the mango gravy.
- Heat a pan and add oil.
- Add all the ingredients given to temper.
- Pour them over the mango gravy and mix.
- Serve with rice.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !