Mango Pulissery is an authentic and traditional dish from the Kerala cuisine. A lip-smacking dish, it is an integral part of the Onam Sadhya menu.
Made using buttermilk, this dish is called Mor Kuzhambu in Tamil Nadu and is typically served with rice.
Mango Pulissery Recipe
Ingredients for Mango Pulissery
- 1 Ripe Mango
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilly Powder
- 1 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Curd
- as per taste Salt
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- few Curry Leaves
- 1/4 cup Grated Coconut
- 1 Green Chilly
- 1/2 tsp Jeera (Cumin Seeds)
How to make Mango Pulissery
- Grind the ingredients given to grind it by adding little water.
- Boil the mango pieces along with turmeric powder, red chilly powder and salt.
- Add the ground paste to the cooked mangoes.
- Cook till the raw smell disappears and allow the gravy to boil and switch off the flame.
- Let it cool down.
- Add the curd to the mango gravy.
- Heat a pan and add oil.
- Add all the ingredients given to temper.
- Pour them over the mango gravy and mix.
- Serve with rice.