Roasted Duck – Poora Haah
Duck – 1 medium sized
Egg – 1
Bread – 4 slices
Chopped onion – 1 large
Cubed potato – 1 large
Lime juice – 3 tsp
Black pepper powder – 1/2 tsp
Vinegar – 1 tsp
Large chopped green chillies – 2 to 4 pieces
Ground coriander leaves – 1 bunch
Green chopped spring onions – 2 stalks
Chilli powder – 1/4 tsp
Cooking oil – 1 cup
Salt as per taste
1. Remove the giblets from the duck, wash properly and then make tiny pieces of them.
2. Now process the whole cleaned duck with salt and lime juice thoroughly on the inside and the outside and keep the marinated duck for atleast 15 minutes.
3. Mix the potato cubes with bread crumbs.
4. Mix all the ingredients mentioned above with the potato cubes and add half of the cooking oil into this mixture.
5. Add the beaten egg and the giblets and stir well.
6. Now, stuff this stock inside the duck, tie it properly and rub the rest of the oil along the whole duck.
7. Roast the whole duck on an open charcoal fire for at least 30 minutes or till it is done. Instead of charcoalfire, an oven can also be used.
8. Baste the duck with a little cooking oil frequently while it is being roasted.
9. Serve it hot with boiled rice and roasted potatoes.