Duck – 1 1/2 kg to 2kg (one)
Orange – 1
Onion – 1
Honey – 5 tbsp
White vinegar – 3 tbsp
Sherry – 3 tbsp
Soy sauce – 2 tbsp
Pepper according to taste
Boiled water as required
1. Heat the smoker in advance.
2. Blend honey, white vinegar, sherry, soy sauce and pepper with half of orange juice.
3. Boil the mixture and leave it to cool.
4. Slice the skin of the duck with a sharp fork.
5. Put about a gallon of boiling hot water on the sliced skin of the duck.
6. Use onion and half of orange to stuff the duck.
7. Keep the stuffed duck aside to dry.
8. Set the duck in the smoker for about 3 hours till the inside temperature reaches 160F.
9. Put a coat with half of the sauce every 30 minutes while the duck is in the smoker.
10. Serve with the other half of the sauce.
Put the duck in boiling hot water. Let the fat under the skin melt and drain. The crisp skin makes the peking duck more delicious.