Peanuts – 1 cup
Dry Red Chillies – 2
Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Heat oil in a pan.
2. Roast the peanuts till light golden brown.
3. Remove and transfer to a mixer jar.
4. Add dry red chillies and salt.
5. Grind to a smooth paste using little water, if desired.
6. In a small frying pan, fry the mustard seeds and asafoetida powder till the mustard seeds start to crackle.
7. Add this to the chutney and mix well.
8. Serve with idli or dosa.
image credit: indianvegrecipesforyou.blogspot.com