Paruppu Keerai Pulao is a simple, healthy and easy to make dish for lunch or dinner. Add vegetables of choice if desired.
Paruppu Keerai – 2 cups
Basmati Rice – 2 cups
Saunf – 1 tsp
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Raisins – 5 to 6
Coconut Milk – 4 cups
Salt as per taste
1. Heat ghee in a pressure pan over medium flame.
2. Add the keerai, raisins and saunf.
3. Stir well and cook for a minute or two.
4. Add the rice and stir again.
5. Pour coconut milk and salt.
6. Cover the pan with a lid.
7. Pressure cook until 2 to 3 whistles.
8. Remove from flame and allow for the pressure to reduce.
9. Once the pressure has reduced, open the lid and gently fluff it up a bit using a fork.
10. Serve with a gravy side dish of choice.
image via ifood.tv