A large bundle of fenugreek leaves
Red gram dal – 1 cup
Green chilles – 3
Salt to atste
Sesame seed oil – 4 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1 tsp
Black gram dal – 2 tsp
A pinch of Asafoetida
Curry leaves – 2 sprig
1. Wash fenugreek leaves thoroughly, chop fine
2. Soak dal for 2 -3 hours, strain all water add ingredients except the leaves. Grind to a rough paste adding very little water, if necessay.
3. Mix the chopped leaves with the ground dal and stream cook this misture in pressure cooker, cool.
4. Remove from cooker, loosen the mixture by breaking into fine pieces with your hands. See that there are no lumps.
5. Heat oil, season ingredients in the given order, add cooked dal=leaf mixture and fry on medium heat turning every now and then till the curry is dry. If desired, add 1-2 tbsp more oil and fry crisp.
The same usli can be prepared with french beans, cluster beans broad beans, cabbage- all chopped fine and added to the ground dal.
Thank you for this nice recipe. I will try and let know how was it